Answered By: Richard Directo Last Updated: Feb 24, 2022 Views: 34
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service available for students, faculty members, associates, and administrators of the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde. The Center for Learning Resources (CLR) is committed to sharing resources among partner libraries, and it is the policy of the CLR to provide an efficient and cost-effective international interlibrary loan service.
- Inbound ILL - The CLR accepts International ILL requests from other libraries worldwide via an email or by filling out the online ILL request form in WCD or embedded in the CLR website.
- A maximum of two books only per request can be fulfilled at a time.
- No service fee shall be collected from the requesting library. However, all shipping fees associated with the delivery and return of borrowed materials will be shouldered by the requesting library.
- All requested materials may be loaned out for a period of one (1) month. Requesting library is responsible for items received through ILL, from the time the material is received until the time it is returned to the CLR.
- The requesting library can request for renewal a week before the due date via email for as long as it is not placed on hold by any patron of the CLR.
- All borrowed materials are subject for recall at any time. A recall notice will be sent to the requesting library via email.
- Requesting library should be mindful to return borrowed material/s on time. The return address should be retained when the material is received to make the return process easier.
- Overdue notices are sent for items that are not returned on time. An overdue fine amounting to US$2.00 per day will be charged per item.
- The requesting library is responsible for the payment of applicable fees including overdue fee and replacement fees for damaged/lost items through the CLR payable account.
- The CLR prefers that the borrowed material be shipped back using the same commercial courier service when the material was delivered.
2. Outbound ILL - This service allows the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde community to request library materials from international partner libraries via the CLR official email address or the online ILL request form embedded in the CLR website.
- Eligible patron may request a material to borrow from other partner libraries. S/he may request international ILL via the CLR official email address or online ILL request form.
- The loan period for ILL material is determined by the lending library. All borrowed materials from partner libraries are strictly for “library use only” and cannot be taken out from the CLR.
- CLR patrons may request for renewal via email but this is subject to the renewal policy of the lending library.
- CLR patron is held liable for any damage whether accidental or intentional while the item is under his/her possession.
Document Delivery Services (DDS) - a service offered to the members of the CSB Community to obtain resources from potential international library partners in PDF or other digital formats.
1. Inbound DDS
- The CLR accepts Document Delivery Services requests from other libraries worldwide through an online DDS form.
- No service fee shall be collected from the requesting library.
- The following materials can be requested by other libraries
- Book (scan of book chapter)
- Journal (scan of journal article)
- e-Resources (if license agreement permits)
2. Outbound DDS
- Eligible patron may request a material from other partner libraries. S/he may request Document Delivery Services (DDS) via the LRC official email address.
- The delivery time depends on the policies and procedures of the lending institution and the availability of library materials.
- Some fees may be charged subject to the policy of supplying library.
- All requests shall be notified via the CLR official email address (same above)
For detailed procedures on how to avail of the interlibrary loan and document delivery services, kindly refer to this link.