Answered By: Richard Directo Last Updated: Oct 20, 2023 Views: 58
USE OF LEARNING COMMONS (LC) GUIDELINES
The Center for Learning Resources provides the Learning Commons to facilitate group activities, workshops, seminars, and collaborations within the Benildean community.
1. All eligible college stakeholders may submit a request to use the Learning Commons.
- A formal request for LC reservation must be submitted to the Director of the Center for Learning Resources via the CLR Official email address at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with pertinent details such as the activity's title, schedule, and number of participants; and name of adviser and lead organizer of the event along with their email addresses.
- Requests must be made at least one (1) week before the event;
- Once approved, the organizers' representative is requested to meet with a CLR librarian or associate for a pre-orientation.
2. Learning Commons is available from Mondays-Fridays, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM and Saturdays, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM only.
3. Based on the Engineering Center's structural assessment, the LC has a capacity of up to eighty (80) individuals, including both organizers and participants. This limitation is in place to prioritize the safety of all those attending the event.
- The space has furniture, tables, and chairs; if it is necessary to change the existing location of the said furnishings, users must return it to its original position. Failure to do so will result in the noncompliance being reported to the event's adviser/lead organizer;
- Cleanliness and orderliness must be maintained at all times
4. Users are prohibited from creating loud noises or playing loud music as it may create disturbance to other users in the CLR;
5. Reservation and use of Audio-Visual equipment can be availed at the CLR Audio-Visual Unit Section (7th Floor, DAC Campus). Users may also bring their own portable devices and/or equipment.
6. Food and drinks are strictly prohibited inside the area.
- Food and drinks may be stationed outside the Learning Commons during an event;
7. If there are class suspensions, any scheduled event/s will be automatically canceled.
8. Users are liable for any damage, misuse, or loss of College property that occurs during their reservation. Similarly, users are reminded to keep their belongings safe at all times, as the CLR will not be held liable for any loss or damage to personal or College property.